Thursday, April 25, 2013

You guessed it, research. (Seems familiar)


            We finally made it to step six! Whew, thought we would never get past those first few steps and who knows how many questions. I almost forgot (Silly me)The article I'm referencing is from
 http://www.lhj.com/style/beauty/makeup/step-by-step-makeup-application/?page=2  sorry about that.
They say “We curl the lashes and apply mascara, top and bottom.” Luckily for me they have a picture.


Their picture, so that’s how you curl your eye lashes? I honestly didn’t know. I’m sure al the ladies are laughing, but I’m sure I can find you stuff I know that I would not think much about. Next step they say “Now the brows. They get groomed into shape with a spoolie brush. Any thin areas? “ I have old man eye brows, I would probably need to get them waxed. I have learned some from being married ladies. Then they say “Then brows are brushed through with the spoolie again to soften and blend. “ So twice I guess? Maybe just kind of smoothing it out the second time? (I’m guessing here ladies.)  I notice they say “Finally, a coat of brow gel keeps everything in place.” So, I Googled brow gel (I have no idea what it is) here is an example of a Google result.


This is an image from http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/laura-mercier-eye-brow-gel/2790282?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=laura_mercier_eye_brow_gel:10765U&cm_pla=makeup:women:brow&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads&mr:referralID=66cb7371-adfa-11e2-9dea-001b2166becc so they get credit. Looks like mascara to me! I’m guessing by the word gel that it is kind of like glue. They say “brush away excess loose powder (applied in step #4) from under the eyes.” So, I guess you don’t want excess powder because it would most likely look bad? The next thing they say is “To blush or not to blush? You could keep your face monochromatic and stop here” The only monochrome I know of is in computer monitors and it is just horrible! (Pretty much) According to http://www.merriam-webster.com monochromatic is “having or consisting of one color or hue.” I think this is what they mean. Encase you don’t know what a monochrome monitor is Google found one http://www.windowsreference.com

Now you can see why I was wondering you want your face to look like that? If you don’t add blush it is all about your eyes, makes sense. Then they say “ I apply a pink powder blush with a blush brush on the apples of her cheeks, then dust cheeks with powder to blend all the edges.Again with the brushes! I guess just like there are different types of wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, etc there are different types of brushes. I know tool comparisons again. The author is going for a subtle look. Guessing this means not too dramatic. They say they chose a “soft lip color.” Maybe some shade of pink?

Their picture so you can correct me if I’m wrong. (Which I probably am.)
Think that’s enough for today. Sorry for the delay on the blog, time slips by fast!
Love,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment