Saturday, April 6, 2013

Where to start?

Well I want to wear women's clothes. Dresses, heels, makeup, pantyhose, you get the idea. I've been thinking about this blog for a while.
Problem is as a guy I know nothing about makeup! I do mean nothing, I have went down the makeup isle before and it reminded me of trying to buy tampons for my wife when I was married. Holy crap! So much stuff! Don't know what 9/10 of it is, or what you do with it! Then there is the other issue. I'm red green color blind, makes colors fun. Blue or purple? Best guess, and don't even get me started on all the different shades of colors.People are like oh, no that is some shade of whatever color. It's like I can't freaking see it! I'm probably lucky to see maybe sixteen colors correctly.
Then there are steps to putting on makeup. What goes first? Exfoliate? That's a heavy metal band, right? Just kidding, I know it kind of like cleaning your face really good. The makeup guides aren't much help. Well you have lip stick and gloss, and foundation, etc. I could do the same with computer parts ladies. You have your CPU and your RAM and your Hard drive, etc. Unless you're a woman into computers it would mean nothing to you. Same for makeup for me, because I don't know anything about it. I guess it will be like computers. When I first started I didn't know much other than how to turn it on and type. Now I can assemble a computer. Just takes time, research, patience, and mistakes.
Possibly in the future I'm thinking about aplying makeup on YoutTube and it being the first time I did so. It would be nice to me to see someone mess up! To see hey this isn't easy! I'm sure it is intimidating to a lot of cross dressers or transgendered people. Think that's it for tonight.
Love, (platonically)
Marilyn

4 comments:

  1. Considering that you are red/green color blind that is a big challenge. It would be difficult to explain how to apply color, except to find out what those 16 colors you know and then utilize that knowledge to guide you in the process of applying makeup. Having a clean, exfoliated and moisturized face makes for smoother canvas to work on.
    There is your base called foundation you want to go what works best with your skin tone. When you apply that base foundation to your skin it should practically disappear into your skin, just leave a nice smooth hue.
    If you have some skin issues you'll want to use a concealer first under the eyes and around the nostrils and apply the foundation over the eyelids.
    Then you'll want to use a powder to take away the shine but leave a nice sheen. Apply with a big powder brush lightly against your skin.

    For a really clear explanation of the steps check out this website.

    http://www.lhj.com/style/beauty/makeup/step-by-step-makeup-application/?page=1

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sixteen is a rough guess. I may be able to see more colors. The point was most colors I'm not real sure of, but I know what you mean. I did know foundation was a base. Kind of like a foundation on a house. I didn't really know much beyond that, so I am thankful for your advice. I'll have to read it and see. Forgot to mention one thing that I need, money! Hopefully I can get a job and go from there, but research never hurts.

      Delete
  2. hi~
    Maybe you should see the magazine firstly ,and then you can learn them .Finally you can crate your own things..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Allure is good. I've read a little on the Beautylish app on my iPhone. I know you can create makeup kits and things like that if that's what you mean.

      Delete